Upper Mustang Trek
- 24/7 customer support
- best price guarantee
- all inclusive price
- 100% guaranteed departures
- secure online payment, no credit card and booking fee
March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
Upper Mustang Trek is one of the restricted and popular remote area trekking destination in Nepal. Trekking to the Upper Mustang offers you the scenic beauties of the unique and beautiful landscapes. Additionally, Upper Mustang Trek rewards you with the wonderful opportunity to explore the hidden culture and ancient Tibetan Buddhist Monastery. Are you are exhausted from day to day busy schedules and want to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city area? If yes, then Upper Mustang Trek is the perfect destination for you. Embark your journey towards Upper Mustang which is untouched by any kind of modernization.
Upper Mustang Trek takes you into the hidden world of the old Buddhist kingdom of Mustang which is also called Lo. The trek to Lo-Manthang is through high altitude desert country climbing in and out of the huge sided valley of the Kali Gandaki. This region is full of some of Nepal’s oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint whitewashed houses.
Some Basic Details Related to Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang has always strong wind in the afternoon. As the land of Mustang receives very little rainfall so the land here is dry and Barren. Moreover, the land of Mustang is similar to that of the Tibetan plateaus which are dry, barren and arid. The desert-like landscape doesn’t possess any kind of vegetation except a few plants that grow in dry places.
Upper Mustang is also called a kingdom behind the Himalayas. The village of Mustang is alluring and captivating. The high walls with the views of rigid mountains in the background, it nothing less than a picturesque portrait. The main goal of Upper Mustang Trek is to reach the capital of Mustang, Lo-Manthan. Lo Manthan, where the present king of Mustang resides. Actually it is a fantastic square-walled town sitting on the ‘Plain of Prayers’.In addition, Lo-Manthan is full of ancient culture, monuments, and monasteries rich in art and history. Stepping towards the Lo-Manthan gives you the feeling as you are stepping towards the new world.
Upper Mustang is a restricted area and up till 1992, it was forbidden for foreign visitors to enter the kingdom. Even today, access is highly restricted. You will need a special trekking permit to travel further from Kagbeni and one must be accompanied by a government-appointed official to visit Upper Mustang. Enjoy the rare privilege of trekking to the Mystical Land beyond the Himalayas with Blue Mountain Tours and collect some memorable life experiences.
want to customize your holiday tripexpert help
- Airport pick up and drop.
- As itinerary required nights Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara with break fast
- Round trip airfare and airport tax (Kathmandu – Pokhara – Jomosom – Pokhara – Kathmandu)
- Trekking guide airfare to and from Jomsom .
- Annapurna conservation area projects entry fee
- Upper Mustang special permit.( which cost USD 50 per person per day )
- All necessary porters (one porter for two members)
- Food & Local Lodge accommodation.
- All the monastery entry fees.
- Staffs Insurance and salary.
- Company guarantee for the emergency rescue services (We advised to have your own travel insurance which covers the Evacuation cost).
what's not included
- Bar bills (alcoholic drinks, mineral water,), cigarettes, client’s personal insurance, and any kind of unforeseen & personal expenses
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Tips for staff ( Not compulsory but expected)
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
* Your personal information is always secured with us
Travel Nepal Holidays brings you the best tours in the himalayas.With respect and trust earnes over the years,our tours give you the value for money and local knowledge from our experienced guides.
trekking | hiking
1D / 0 N
Walking & Siteseeing
6 D / 5 N
trekking | hiking
17 D/ 16 N